Creativity and New Media

I have an avatar in one of my favorite games. The name of the game is called "Fat to Fit" and in it pretend to be the personal trainer of this avatar. I project myself onto the character and make him exercise and eat right as I would. It is a mobile app, so my phone is used. Updates and notifications are sent to me when the avatar is hungry or tired, like it is actually texting me. I use wikis and forums of the game to look up and discuss best food options and workout regimens. I like to think my avatar helps me just as much as I help it because I follow most of the things it does. 

He started at 600 lbs and after my training program he is at 470 lbs. I enjoy how this gives me the opportunity to be a personal trainer and have a fitness partner when I have no one to workout with in the real world. Together we will both achieve our fitness goals.



Comments

  1. I never heard of this app but it sounds really cool to be a virtual personal trainer to a avatar! It is cool that you use outside sources to see what the best strategy is to help your avatar in the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very cool, thank you he is my buddy.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, your avatar is too funny. It is easier to complete a goal such as fitness when you have someone working along side you with a similar goal. That way achieving the goal seems easier. I have also never heard of this app but good find. Continue the good work!! Hope you and your buddy reach your goals.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts