Blog: Social networking sites

I liked back when all of my friends used Facebook as often as they use Twitter. Now Facebook is the playground for parents, grandparents, and relatives alike. I am recently registered on Twitter and upon first impression I think I like Facebook better. I like the orderliness of Facebook. Twitter I feel is limiting and random. Sometimes I can not tell what people are referencing or commenting on, and the 140 character limit changes the way people communicate. Facebook have long posts, with fluid comments you can follow easily.

Intagram and Snapchat are similar in nature. Both have picture "stories" that allow users to share multiple pictures for 24 hours to their followers. Snapchat is also limiting like Twitter in my opinion, but in a different way. One a message is send through snapchat after first viewing it is then erased forever. Sometimes a conversation can be side tracked due the forgetting what the previous message was. Instagram like Facebook has a fluid commenting system, but now does not place posts in chronological order. You can go days without seeing a friends post, even though you might have been using the app when they posted it.

All four social networking sites have their negatives and positives. I am curious to know which one everyone favors.



Comments

Popular Posts